Peacefully, on January 5th, mom passed away at the age of 90. She would have celebrated her 91st birthday on the 18th of this month. Mom is survived by her children Paul (Gayle), Terry (Carol), Dianne Lenius, Susan Cox, numerous grandchildren, great-grandchildren, great-great grandchildren, nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband Haydn, brother Hugh, sisters Connie, Helga, Vivian, daughter Nancy and great-grandson Drew.
Mom loved her family especially family gatherings. She had a great sense of humour and liberally shared it with all who came in contact with her. She leaves a legacy of happy memories.
Family would like to thank the staff at Irene Baron for their wonderful care and companionship over the last six years and to the staff at Seven Oaks Hospital for their compassionate care of mom in her last days.
Cremation has taken place. We will celebrate mom`s life at a family gathering when there is order in the world again.
Please enjoy some of the Grandma-isms mom left us to remember her by:
• You know I can’t help but notice the ceilings in here are 9 feet high.
• Somebody has taken my ashtray; bedspread; wastebasket; toilet paper!
• That’s enough to feed a family of 5! (breakfast at Smitty’s)
• Would you like rye toast? Maw….I’ll take a double!
• I’m a lumberjack and I’m OK.
• Warming my nuts in May.
• When you are behind on the merry-go-round, don’t worry, you can
make it up on the swings.
• The possibilities engendered by the catastrophic reversals.
• Father hold the candle while I shave the chicken’s lip.
• Don’t take any wooden nickels.
• I’m kind of long in the tooth but at least they're mine!
• Whenever I look in the mirror all I see is wrinkles. At least wrinkles don’t hurt.
• Yes, thank you very much, but I do not need everything filled with water to
have a cup of tea. That’s a little ridiculous. I’d appreciate you don’t.
(on Terry & Carol`s answering machine…..we didn’t do it!!)
We love you, Mom.
“Home Is Nice”
We understand that there are many questions that arise when a death occurs. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer questions you may have and provide direction. Please call us if you require immediate assistance.